Teleconference Minutes - Archive



Date
Topics for Discussion
Meeting Minutes

2015-08-24
Update on FHIR Ballot / Services Chapter

Agenda planning for Atlanta
Webmeeting
Preliminary agenda planning for HL7 Working Group Meeting, October 2015, Atlanta
2015-08-10
Update on Cloud Blueprint Project; Joint working session
Webmeeting
Discussed current status of the Cloud Blueprint. Beginning to settle on scope and project scope statement to be launched at the October meeting. Going forward need to identify target, survey other relevant activities, review HL7 offerings as it might relate to Cloud environment.

Action: Decide best way to bring to Security
2015-07-27
PASS Access Control - Status

Ordering Service RFP- Status
Webmeeting
Discussed placement of the functional model diagrams with respect to the requirements table. Reviewed HSSP Service Specification Development Framework and SFM Boilerplate documents to ensure placement conforms with standard FM development practices.

Briefly discussed how obligations will be added to the PASS ACS use case diagram. Don will look to see if he has copies of the original UML diagrams used in the original PASS ACS document.
2015-07-13
Submitter Discussion - Coordination of Care Service

Community Update on Archetype Modeling Language (AML) Submission

Update on FHIR-based Clinical Decision Support

Update on FHIR-based Clinical Decision Support - Bryn Rhodes
  • Latest effort: FHIR Implementation Guide

Clinical Information Modeling Initiative
  • Reach harmonization on information models
  • Allow use of mainstream modeling tools
  • Passed, not public as of yet
    • Comments will be accepted next year

Coordination of Care
  • Standards - OMG has issued RFD
  • Interested parties are starting to self organize
    • 1 joint submission
  • Enough critical mass to have solid submission
    • Initial submission is due ~ September/December

PASS ACM
  • Project scope statement passed all workgroups and steering division
  • Ongoing meetings on Wednesdays

Attending: Brown, Proud-Madruga, Jorgenson, Rubin, Rhodes
2015-06-29
SOA Cloud Blueprint Outline Review
FHIR Ballot Revision Review

Review of
PASS Access Control Services Conceptual Model project scope statement.

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/889362781
Update and review of PASS ACCM project scope statement - Don Jorgenson
  • Motion to accept PASS ACCM project scope definition: Diana Proud-Madruga (Proxy)
  • One abstention: Chris Brown
  • No opposition
  • Action: Don to forward to Steering Committee

SOA Cloud Blueprint Outline Review - Ken and Stefano
  • Put together informative document
  • In process of drafting scope statement around HL7 and Cloud
  • HL7 Cloud Implementation Blueprint
    • For comment ballot - Jan 2016
    • For informative ballot- May 2016
  • Immediate next steps:
    • Form dedicated call
    • Hammer out scope and objectives
    • Go into September meeting with robust outline and key points

Attending: Rubin, Jorgenson, Lotti, Chris Brown
2015-06-15
PASS Access Control Ballot
Status of Ordering Service RFP

Bryn Rhodes - FHIR-Based Clinical Decision Support
  • Service specification and related IG
  • Comment ballot of proposed FHIR Resources and Profiles: September 2015
    • May push for DSTU in September
  • Ballot meeting schedule (NID) - July 19th
  • Content deadline ~ August 28th
  • Follow up call with Bryn - July 13th

PASS Access Control
  • Diana met with Don Friday, June 12th
    • Looking at wanting to bring PASS model to ballot in September cycle
      • Need to update project scope statement and take it to TSC
      • Don plans to reach out to Pat Pyette
    • Ongoing Friday call, 5pm Eastern for working on this project
    • In the process of setting up a working site on HL7 wiki and link back to HSSP site
    • Majority of the work is focused on looking at adding content on obligations and trust framework

Ordering Service Update
  • Passed ballots on HL7 side
  • Next OMG meeting - September
  • Ordering Service development will happen between now and August
  • Expect regular calls around Ordering Service. Begin with a couple calls per week that will cool as things mature
  • Discussion happening in Berlin
  • Things appear to be in order for September

Coordination of Care RFP
  • RFP issued at last meeting
  • Currently 4 companies working together as joint submission
  • Current state of affairs:
    • Joint Submission in forming stage, shifted this week to weekly calls

Attending: Rubin, Proud-Medruga, Lotti, Rhodes
2015-06-01
Paris Summit Review
Discussion of Future Plans

Paris Summit
  • SOA Forum: Good participation in terms of interest
  • Interest in repeating case study event
  • FHIR Discussion:
    • There was an issue because FHIR people don't fully grasp the architectural issue
    • After the discussion FHIR participants were able to understand that SOA can be an aspect of FHIR
  • Strategic Planning Discussion:
    • Future plans were not made because they felt it was necessary to clarify that FHIR can be a SOA implementation
Future Plans/Priorities
    • Discussed game plan for the next calendar year
      • Set normative path back to control ballot, investing and working in some FHIR
      • Access Control Model Platform - FHIR implementation
      • HL7 workgroup, CBCC workgroup
      • Plan to better integrate SOA services w/ FHIR
      • Complete normative standard for September ballot
      • Service Architecture - reference implementation creating ecosystem around some of these topics
      • Put out white paper for FHIR, SOA and the Cloud
      • Figure out other activities happening in other workgroups
        • Show role of SOA in deployment architecture
        • Orchestration, role of services and Cloud
      • How can we make the ballot reconciliation work for FHIR
Agenda Attention
  • Call will take place every other week, hour long
  • Publish agenda ahead of time
  • Specific calls can take place when needed
  • Weekly calls for activities

Attending: Rubin, Lotti, Proud-Medruga, Jorgenson
2015-04-27
Paris Agenda Planning

Revised preliminary Paris agenda

Attending: Proud-Madruga, Jorgenson, Rubin, Lotti
2015-04-20
Paris Agenda Planning
Ordering Service Preparation

Decision was made to plan for issuance of the Ordering service RFP for september instead of June. As a result we will take preplanning offline involving a core group and use the general call for review and comment.

Preliminary Paris agenda was pulled together. A number of actions remain:

=


TOPICS TO BE SLOTTED INTO AGENDA:

    • Worksession on FHIR DSTU COMMENTS
    • Worksession/Discussion on Cross-Paradigm
    • OMG Collaboration Update -- Care Coordination Service and/or Ordering Service
    • Outreach to community to determine community priorities and emerging work areas

ACTIONS:

    • Review commitments related to joint meetings (Vince)
    • Elicit speakers for the mini-summit (Stefano, Ken)
    • Coordinate development of one-pager status updates (Don)
    • Convene core group related to Ordering Service RFP Prep (Ken, Lorraine)
2015-03-30
Review and Vote: FHIR DSTU SOA Ballot Content

Attending: Rubin, Lotti, Proud, Jorgenson, Lord

Motion to accept FHIR DSTU SOA Ballot: Ken Lord
Seconded: Don Jorgenson
No opposition
Passed unanimously
2015-03-23
FHIR DSTU SOA Ballot Content

Attending: Rubin, Lord, Vince

Discussed FHIR DSTU Ballot Content

Addressed Don's alternative to document and Stefano's comments

Vince agreed to review Don's document and make any necessary recommendations

Possibility of Case Study Day
2015-03-16
Peer Review: FHIR DSTU SOA Ballot Content


2015-03-09
1) Status Update on FHIR Ballot Revisions

2) Paris WGM Planning & Possibility of SOA Implementation Case Study Summit


2015-03-02
FHIR DSTU Ballot -- Revisions (continued)


2015-02-23
FHIR DSTU Ballot: SOA Chapter Content Development
(Continued)



Attending: Rubin, Lotti, Lord
2015-02-02
FHIR DSTU Ballot: SOA Chapter Content Development


2015-02-09
Worksesssion on FHIR DSTU Ballot Content

Join our websession:

To Attend:
https://www.rooms.hp.com/attend/default.aspx?key=EPTLM4GMYX

To Present:
https://www.rooms.hp.com/attend/default.aspx?key=EHEFJEJAVR





2014-06-02
Decision Making Practices

SWOT Analysis

Workgroup Planning

2014-06-09
Kickoff Review / Update of Services chapter of FHIR Spec

2014-06-16
Decision-Making Practices Validation
SWOT Analysis Validation

==


Work on OMG RFP Pre-Work (Care Coordination Service) will occur in person at the OMG meeting on Tuesday, 17 June

2014-06-23
Worksession: FHIR+ SOA DSTU and Patterns Work

2014-06-30
Community Walkthrough of Cross-Paradigm Doc with MDMI (30 mins)

Review and vote to release the "Call for Abstracts" for the Case Study Poster Days for September

2014-07-07
Worksession: FHIR+ SOA DSTU and Patterns Work

2014-07-14
OMG RFP Pre-Work (Notification/Escalation Service)

2014-07-21
Worksession: FHIR+ SOA DSTU and Patterns Work

2014-07-28
OMG RFP Prework (Pub/Sub Service)

Initial Review/Screening of Submitted Abstracts
Agenda was adjusted to focus instead on the upcoming SOA/FHIR case study demonstrations for Chicago. Key themes for inclusion in an announcement document were brainstormed (see attached). The group also discussed re-ratification of Decision-making practices, deferred to the list.


2014-08-04
Worksession: FHIR+ SOA DSTU and Patterns Work

Program Slotting of Poster Days

2014-08-11
OMG RFP Pre-work (Ordering Service)

2014-08-18
Worksession: FHIR+ SOA DSTU and Patterns Work

2014-08-25
Agenda Planning - Chicago

2014-09-01
NOT MEETING - Labor Day Holiday

2014-09-08
Finalize Agenda - Chicago

2014-09-14
NOT MEETING
HL7 Working Group Meeting - Chicago




OVERVIEW OF TOPICS

Security WG Proposal
Care Coordination Service White Paper: With the work underway to create a service to assist with shared care plan management, and with the increasing attention and interest in effective solutions to address handoffs-of-care or transition of care between organizations or tiers of care, the idea was raised that an informative guide should be authored to illustrate how HSSP services can be used collectively to address this problem space. Whether an implementation guide, white paper, or other form has not yet been decided, but the general notion that services can add tremendous value to this problem space was widely agreed.

FHIR Ballot Document - Service Oriented Architecture Section: In joint discussions with FHIR and the HL7 ITS workgroup, it was agreed that we would take on "ownership" or reviewing the ballot content and providing enhancements/revisions to that text. Also discussed would be a "lite" application of SAIF to relate FHIR to SOA.

"FHIR Starters" -- It was generally agreed among the FHIR and SOA communities that these work items are not inherently conflicting, and in fact they are largely complimentary. One notable item was that FHIR does not on its own take care of usage contracts, behavior beyond basic CRUD type operations, and context-for-use. These are areas where SOA can provide valued guidance, and in a way make FHIR easier to implement.

"HSSP Communications" -- vignettes, stories, etc. Getting the word out. Overall architecture and blueprint.

The idea of creating implementation "design patterns" to address these planned omissions from the FHIR specifications were mututally viewed as valuable, and that should SOA be interested in taking this work on it would both help FHIR adoption and indicate relevance and fit to the existing SOA specifications. These "FHIR Starters" would serve as quick-start implementation guides, applying SOA patterns for FHIR based implementation.



2014-02-10

Attendees:
Don Jorgenson, Alean Kirnak, Ginna Yost, Ken Lord, Vince MacCauley

There is a SAIF white paper about the current state, but they want to create a how-to guide. Don’t have the resources to do it. Cross paradigm is trying to decide where to go from here. Need to bring the project to closure. Ken Lord has a concrete implementation of MDMI with respect to the information model.
Possible with OHT based around SOA and HL7 standards, develop new and innovative apps that deliver better quality healthcare for people. There is a proof point that comes out – if you use the toolkit, you can do it bigger, better, faster.
2014-03-10

Attendees: Ginna Yost, Don Jorgenson, Ken Lord, Ken Rubin

Brainstorming on goals to achieve by May WGM.

Goals:
- Clarify how SOA and FHIR will work together. Establish a point-of-view and architecture that supports both.
- Create a SOA/FHIR Implementation Guide - Initial Draft for review (how does this relate to ONC S&I framework?)
- Create youtube vignettes/case study for HSSP services (Identify four: two that are complete, and two in-process: RLUS, CTS2, Ordering Service, Escalation Service?, Services Directory? CDS? Care Coordination? Security Tagging/Labelling?)
- Review preliminary ballot content of Care Coordination Service

Candidate participants for the SOA/FHIR Discussions: We will send out specific targeted invites to:
- Brian Postlethwaite
- Grahame Grieve

Can we present a case study series on implementation of FHIR and services.

FHIR/SOA Discovery Day. A series of discovery steps. Everyone gets 30 minutes. Take notes, identify patterns, etc. En route to FHIR Accelerators. (Ken to coordinate with Lillian on room size).
2014-03-17

Frame a "FHIR Accelerator" Event and begin to advertise. Get the word out. This will be a worksession to pull this together for Phoenix.

Worksession / how do we make progress on this, linking the theme to those that are trying to build apps today using FHIR. How are these connected to workflows?
2014-03-24

Attendees: Ken Rubin, Ken Lord, Vince MacCauley, Ginna Yost, Don Jorgenson, David Hay
The group reviewed and edited the SOA + FHIR announcement.
  • Intended to invite participation and comment
  • Ken to distribute revised announcement to the list
2014-03-31

Attendees: Ken Lord, Stefano Lotti, Don Jorgenson, Zoran Milosovich, Tom Lukasik, Ken Rubin.

Update from the OMG meeting last week. The Archetype Modeling Language (AML) profile for UML received the initial submission. Current timeline anticipates a revised submission for June, and that is tracking well. The goal is to create a modeling language that can be used within UML commercial tools for modeling healthcare concepts and information. Core group is Harold Solbrig, Robert Lario, Thomas Beale.

CTS2 Finalization Task Force 2 completed, and Task Force 3 was chartered. This group is taking on technical corrections to the spec. There is a push to finish the CTS2 Normative Edition in HL7. The May ballot cycle was "missed" so efforts are underway to establish a core team to complete the work for September.

FHIR Discovery Day is going over very well. Announcement has gone public via the HL7 Co-Chairs lists, and some session submissions are in, as are several expressions of interest. Push between now and the Working Group Meeting will be to establish a posture on SOA/FHIR, and to begin preparation for specifications nearing emergence from HL7 into OMG. Also plan to improve website content availability and completeness.
2014-04-07

Stefano Lotti, Lynn Laasko, Don Jorgenson, Ken Rubin, Ginna Yost, Ken Lord, Alean Kirnak
  • Lynn will be joining the first call of every month to let us know what is outstanding, help us stay on track.
  • Need to post minutes within 2 weeks of the meeting.
  • They are missing the voice of SOA at the Steering Division
  • We do not have a 3 year plan
    • Per Ken, we can’t do a 3 year plan. We do bottom up planning based on who shows up for the calls. Per Lynn, we cannot from 3 year planning, but can take a ding.
    • Perform a SWOT analysis
    • Decision making practices
    • Project Updates
      • Cross paradigm – get updated. Trying to figure out specific next steps, currently In a holding pattern. Hold off on publication request until we have a game plan.
      • SOA ontology – Ken talk to Zoran. Had a core group that fell apart. 2 of 3 people stopped engaging. Not ready to kill the project, but it’s limping along
        • Keep on Lynn’s radar – we had a reconciled ballot package that we did not get out
        • PASS audit services – have not been able to rally resources to move forward

Action Items
GINNA - Get Don and Lynn and others onto a call to put PASS to bed –Figure out a short term action plan
2014-04-14

Review and finalize "Discovery Day" Program submissions

https://matchmerge.webex.com/matchmerge/j.php?ED=197761487&UID=0&PW=NMWYyMTI5ODkz&RT=MiM0%20
2014-04-21


2014-04-28

Ken Rubin, Don Jorgenson, Ginna Yost, Ken Lord
  • Review of agenda for FHIR Discovery Day
  • No time set aside to discuss bridge activity, RFP process, etc. Enrique and Emory are key to the discussion.
  • Need to consider putting the Ontology project on hold, and resurrecting it when we have critical mass

Action Items
4.14.14: GINNA - Get Don and Lynn and others onto a call to put PASS to bed –Figure out a short term action plan
4.28.2014: KEN – Remind WG leads that they are expected to do a briefing
2014-05-05
CALL CANCELLED
HL7 Working Group Meeting, Phoenix, AZ
2014-05-12
CALL CANCELLED
(catchup-day following HL7 WGM)
2014-05-19


2014-05-26









2013-05-20
Project Update 1: Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Project (Immunization)
Project Update 2: Care Coordination Service Project

2013-05-27
CALL CANCELLED -- US Holiday (Memorial Day)

2013-06-03
Project Update 1: hData Record Format Specification Project
Project Update 2: SOA Ontology Project

2013-06-10
Project Update 1: Ordering Service Project Update
Project Update 2: Publication/Subscription Service Project
Project Update 3: Unified Communication Service Project

2013-06-17
CALL CANCELLED -- eHealth Symposium (Berlin)

2013-06-24
Project Update 1: Archetype Modeling Language (AML) Project Update
Project Update 2: Services Directory (ServD) Project Update
OMG Meeting Outbrief

2013-07-01
Project Update: Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Project
Project Update: SOA Ontology Project

2013-07-08
Identification Service (IXS) Ballot Reconciliation Continued
Present: Stefano Lotti, Andy Bond, Don Jorgenson, Ginna Yost, Ken Rubin
  • Ken email Don Lloyd to find Word document, for fear that we may have the wrong version of the IXS spec
  • Review and final vote scheduled for July 22
  • Distribute Word document on July 15
2013-07-15
Project Update: HSSP Inventory and Blueprint Document
Project Update: SOA Ontology Ballot Content Review
Vote to BALLOT SOA Ontology
Attendees :
Ken Rubin HSSP, Anil Luthra, Zoran, Don Ann Warington, Stefano, Marc Kramner
Agenda:
  • Description of all the Work in Progress specifications of HSSP Service Inventory (Description Excel sheet)
  • Ann’s Presentation
  • Quick Overview of service list
Meeting Highlights:
  1. Ann presented the current state, UML versus Mind-Map diagram requirement
  2. Next step to diagram creation
  3. Stefano presentation on Concept map
    • SOAML architecture diagram for RLUS service contract and IXS
  4. Zoran : SOA ontology discussion
    • Represent Ontology
    • Leverage SAIF concepts
    • Language for different type of services
    • Foundational ontology (Meta-model, RM-ODP concepts)
    • Universal Foundational ontology
Action Item:
Ann will add concept visualization to show how the different pieces work together
2013-07-22
Project Update: hData Record Format Specification Ballot Content Review

Review of IXS Document Revision


Attendees :Ken Rubin, Stefano, Mark Kramer, Anil Luthra, Paul Knapp, Gina, Jen

Meeting Highlights:
  1. hData record specification update (Mark Kramer – Miter)
  2. Voting - pushed the Ballot till 22nd July (next Monday)
  3. Identity cross-reference service : presented ballot reconciliation and disposition comments
2013-07-29
Project Update: Care Coordination Service Ballot Content Review
Vote to BALLOT CCS

Finalize Ballot Reconcilaition for IXS
Vote on Reconciled IXS Document

Vote to BALLOT hData
Attendees: Mark Kramer, Alean Kirnak, Ginna Yost, Ken Rubin, Stefano Lotti, Don Jorgenson, Enrique Menenses

hData
  • Everyone should have received copy of deliverable to the ballot item. Incorporated feedback into a draft. Nothing of a technical nature that has changed the document.
  • Mark moved to progress the hData Ballot Spec to Normative 2. Second by Alean. There were no oppositions, no abstentions. The vote passed 6-0-0.

IXS
  • Important to list the changes. Reader should be able to quickly see what has been changed when going from revision to revision
  • Change ballot reconciliation sheet to persuasive with mod.
  • Include summary highlights of differences since DSTU publication.
  • Stefano moved to accept the revised document as the normative. Second by Don. There were no oppositions, no abstentions. The vote passed 6-0-0.

Care Coordination Service
  • Postponing the DSTU.
  • ONC formed a team to review and provide feedback on the Care Plan model.
  • Enrique to send a paragraph discussing the state of affairs, where the documents can be found and where they are at the moment.
  • Ken adding to the agenda for Aug 19

Administration
  • Anyone interested in a HSSP polo shirt should notify Ken.
2013-08-05
CALL CANCELLED (See Note)
NOTE: We had been scheduled for updates on Ordering, Pub/Sub, Unified Communication. Due to a last-minute conflict with the presenter, these have been pushed to next week.
2013-08-12
Project Update: Cross-Paradigm Project Update (confirmed)
Project Update: Discuss Australian Endpoint Location Service Specification for OMG Adoption
Project Updates: Ordering; Pub-Sub; Unified Communication Service
Present: Alean Kirnak, Andy Bond, Mark Kramer, Anil Luthra, Vincent McCauley

Cross-paradigm update:
HL7 newsletter article now completed and due for print publication after the September WGM
Publication in the electronic newletter may occur before that.
Stefano Lotti has commenced work on the Behavioural model section of the project
Alean intends to take the previous work on tooling with Firestar, MDMI and MDHT to a demonstration
implementation project involving V2 and consolidated CDA.
As no sponsor for this work has been identified, she is progressing it with resources from within her company and hopes to be able to port back on progress and "lessons learned" at the September WGM

Vince McCauley suggested that this work may be useful in a current Australian National project that is under consideration to map pathology result V2 messages to CDA for storage in the national XDS repository.

It will need to be decided at the September WGM how publication of this work should proceed.

Endpoint Location Service (ELS) Update
This specification has been complete within Standards Australia for some time but final publication has been delayed. It will now probably not be available in the timeframe necessary to include it in the OMG work on the Healthcare and Community Services Directory Project. This may require initiation of a separate ELS project when the specification is available.

Updates on Ordering, Pub-Sub and the Unified communication service were deferred.
2013-08-19
Project Update: Archetype Modeling Language Submission
Project Update: Update on Inventory and Blueprint
Project Update: Care Coordination Service

2013-08-26
Project Update: IXS Worksession / Update

2013-09-02
CALL CANCELLED -- US HOLIDAY

2013-09-09
Planning for Boston WG Meeting
Attendees: Don Jorgenson, Ginna Yost, Ken Rubin, Stefano Lotti, Alean Kirnak

Boston Agenda
  • Mike Davis wants a joint session Q2 Wednesday to make a strong proposal for a joint project that involves security and privacy tagging services.
  • KEN - Switch Q4 and Q2 on Tuesday
  • Don and Vince sort out Wednesday and Thursday - who will host
  • Don talk to Mark Kramer – what we want on the SOA agenda regarding FHIR
  • Ken – Follow up with with Emory Fry – Thurs Q2?
  • Need to make time to refresh the wiki pages
  • Consider creating an annotated presentation that can be posted to YouTube. Find a candidate project while in Cambridge. Cross Paradigm could be a good candidate.
    • Wednesday Q3 working session – annotated presentation, improved communication presence
    • Wed Q4 – PASS
    • Ken sending out revised logo design.
    • On co-chair call make sure we have coverage for all sessions
Begin discussing next steps for near-term projects

HSSP Call Minutes Archive



Date
Topics for Discussion
Meeting Minutes
2013-02-04
Administrative Task/Updates

Plan for Discussion Topics for various projects
Attendees: Ken Rubin, Zoran, Enrique Meneses, Anil Luthra, Gina Yost, Ken

Agenda
  • Administrative work after Jan 2013 WGM
  • Dates & “Topics of Discussion” for the upcoming months
Meeting Highlights
  1. Allocate 20 min per month to Enrique for the Ballot reconciliation
    • 25th Feb allocated for Enrique presentation
    • Slot out for the Project Review cycle
    • Ballot comment review by 11th March
    • Final content Ballot by 17th March
  2. Zoran will present a 40min session on SOA ontology
  3. Ballot reconciliation for Identification service set up for 11th Feb
  4. Ken raised a point on updating the “Boiler plate documentation”
    • Update of “Practical Guide SOA in Healthcare ver 1.0”
    • SOA & PHIR ; relationship discussion & coorelation to cross –paradigm project
  5. VA scheduling a Services contest
    • HSSP Scheduling service will be submitted
    • Ken will put the project scope statement for review to this SOA WG
  6. Ken, have started to update the wiki SOA wiki page
    • Zoran & Enrique to work and update the format of the home page (landing page) with a goal to differentiate the users from the WG members versus the consumers of the page.
    • Project Catalog (in progress project)
    • Service Catalog (completed project & ready to use for the consumers)
    • From the landing page easily able to find the “Latest & Greatest” specification
    • Identify the right level of details
  7. Hingx Update
    • Migrate all the documents to the new Document repository system (Hingx)
Action Item:
  • Zoron and Enrique to work on the Template for the new landing page in wiki by 18th Feb
  • Zoran will inquire from the ArB – about the SOA WG mission & charter statement.
2013-02-11
Identification Service Ballot Reconciliation (full call)
Walkthru of Ballot comments on Identification Service was conducted. In attendance were:

- Andy Bond, Anil Luthra, Stefano Lotti, Ginna Yost, Ken Rubin, Umang Dhamija

A dedicated reconciliation call will be set up to continue/conclude reconciliation.
A 2-hour slot will be identified for a targeted call.
No further independent meeting minutes were captured as the group activities
were captured in the reconciliation spreadsheet.
2013-02-18
Worksession - SOA Ontology (40 minutes)
Update: Walkthru of landing page for SOA Ontology + CCS

2013-02-25
Worksession - Care Coordination Service (40 mins)

2013-03-04
HIMSS - CALL CANCELLED

2013-03-11
Status Update -- Care Coordination Service (20 mins)
Status Update -- SOA Ontology Ballot (20 mins)
Attendees:John Farmer, Anil Luthra, Ken Rubin, Ginna Yost, Enrique Menenses, Don Jorgenson
Meeting Highlights:
  • John Farmer took the CDS Service Functional Model as a starting point and and boiler plate. Much was reusable. Have yet to produce rationale for creating the spec and how it uses other standards.
  • Enrique fleshing out capability sets on wiki page. John is building out the narrative and posting files for review.
  • By Thursday, hopes to assemble all material into one document for review.
  • More work to do on the business scenarios regarding integrating content.
  • Care Coordination Service will leverage every SOA HSSP standard. If anyone is interested in helping write content for that section, please notify John.
  • Need to map the profiles to the capabilities list. The capabilities may not fall into logical groupings.
  • Before the capability sets, add 2 introductory paragraphs. Explain what a capability set is and what a profile is. Execution time for launching and monitoring transactions requires additional review
2013-03-18
CTS2 Normative Update (20 mins)
ServD Project Update (20 mins)

2013-03-25
PASS Project Update; Security/Privacy Ontology (20 mins)
Cross-Paradigm Update (20 mins)
Don Jorgenson, Ken Rubin, Andy Bond, Jon Farmer, Ginna Yost, Stefano Lotti

OMG Updates:
  • The Architecture Modeling Language RFP, will be announced at the September meeting cycle. This group was formed as a result of the CIMI work.
  • CTS2 project has bindings for SOAP and REST, but they need a PSM for JSON. The team will require some ARB help from OMG. CTS2 might see its first adoption outside of health. At the Semantic Information Day, the financial services and government sectors expressed interest in adopting CTS2.
  • Lots of interest in HSSP in the EU. A new project proposal is before the EU commission for HSSP services. Need a big presence at the June OMG/eHealth Summit meeting in Berlin. If interested, let Ken know ASAP as he is wanting to issue a press release. The meeting will focus on community engagement and collaboration.
  • The Professional Records Standards body is looking to HSSP to further their work.
  • Services Provider Directory work – Finalization Task Force running now; the spec is in beta. The comment period closes in 6 weeks. The task force is required to review and disposition any issue raised during the comment period. Anyone interested in this work should review and comments through mid-April as a registered issue. Those issues will be addressed in the final specification. After finalization, specs can be addressed and changes made, but it’s a more complex process.
Next week
  • An OHT Toolkit was Approved in Principle at the recent Board of Stewards meeting. We will take a set of HSSP services and exemplary apps and wire them together to lower the barriers to experiment with SOA within an organization. We will launch the effort on next week’s call, brainstorm the exemplary apps and candidate use cases. Boris Kapitanski (ITG Health) will contribute development and integration resources to pull this together. This should be completed and ready for 1.0 release in September.
  • New services – Ordering and Publication
Other Updates
  • Ballot status for Care Coordination – got it in on time. Seeing the HL7 messages that occur when someone submits an answer.
  • SOA Ontology work made the ballot deadline.
  • Received a clarification request on the RLUS normative.
2013-04-01
Worksession - HSSP Toolkit (OHT Project) Discussion (30 mins)
Session Focused on the launch of the HSSP-OHT Toolkit, an open source initiative to create a health service bus based upon HSSP standards. The key activities and outcomes:

  • A brief overview of the Healthcare Services Specification Program (HSSP) was conducted to explain the Health Service Bus and the core pieces available today

  • The OHT project was introduced. IN a nutshell, the objective is to create an ESB for health as an exemplar, based upon HSSP services that have been implemented as OSS, and to create two or three exemplary applications that use that infrastructure in varied ways

See the OHT Charter Project description here: http://www.openhealthtools.org/03082013boardmeeting/presentations/projects/new-charter-projects/Project%20Charter%20OHT%20Toolkit.docx

  • Boris Kapitanski (ITG Health) has made a resource commitment to provide integration/development resources for the toolkit.
  • The community assembled was asked to identify USE CASES and EARLY ADOPTERS that would be interested in consuming this infrastructure. Boris indicated that early adopters would have tremendous influence over what was built and how it worked.
  • The toolkit is very much going to be a 1.0 release, will be delivered in September 2013, and is not attempting to solve all of health interoperability challenges. It is a core upon which we intend to build over time.

NEXT STEPS:
  • We are seeking ideas for use-cases for the exemplary applications. PLEASE contribute your ideas via an email to ken.rubin@hp.com containing a couple of paragraphs about your idea and how it will be used
  • Core services that we anticipate will be part of the toolkit include: Identity Management Service, Terminology Service, Record Locator/Retrieval service, a Directory Service (for health and health related services discovery), and a Clinical Decision Support Service. Other services may also participate.
  • A follow-up call will be scheduled for April 12th at 11:00am EDT (UTC-4). A calendar appointment will follow.
2013-04-08
Discussion about relationship between SOA and FHIR;
Update: Notification Service (20 mins)

2013-04-15
Agenda Planning for Atlanta

=

Discussion: Is it time to refresh the SOA Practical Guides
(e.g., SOA Implementation Guide?)
Andy Bond, Ginna Yost, Ken Rubin, Cory Casanave, Mark Kramer, Don Jorgenson, Stefano Lotti,
Umang Dhamija, Anil Luthra

hData Specification
Trying to get people to come together around the format, comment and create a revision. Application that Continua is doing with hData is being molded into a different form than expected during the first draft. Fire Initiative gives them another target to align with. There are some good suggestions that have come about.
Trying to put a for comment ballot out in September.
Only 10-15 comments, but they are deep. Expecting a moderate sized revision.
ACTION: KEN put the announcement out to the mailing lists within HL7 Need willing volunteers to have some skin in the game with hData.

Agenda for WG Meeting
ACTION: DON determine if there’s a need for a Security meeting. If so, provide a topic for discussion.
ACTION: KEN verify with Patient Care when they do ballot reconciliation of the Care Coordination Service.
Commendation to Jon Farmer – he has been co-leading Care Coordination Service for 8 months. Accepted position in IHS and cannot continue in that capacity. Thank you for your hard work.

Others News
At OMG meeting a decision was made to host a workshop with their next TC meeting in Berlin. On June 17 there will be an eHealth Summit. Inviting HSSP participants to put together posters. Community guided discussion. Contact Ken if you’re interested in participating

OHT launched an HSSP related project. If interested in engaging or have exemplary apps, the team is having a community meeting at HL7. Shooting for Q5 on Tuesday in Atlanta.

ARB – Biz Architecture model work moving forward

HL7 looking to mature products and prod lines. They will begin to divvy out the areas of work to members and come back with a plan about different groups and how they might begin to map work into the business architecture model. No action required on our part now. Andy will let us know if we’re mistaken about the approach.
2013-04-22

Mark Kramer, Don Jorgenson, Ken Rubin, Ginna Yost, Anil Luthra, Alean Kirnak
hData - put out a call for participation in Finalization Task Force. They have a couple of volunteers. Invite folks to attend discussion about this next week. Use next week's call as a discovery session. Mark send a note to the SOA list; Ken to cross-post.
Scheduling - Explored notion of kicking off a scheduling service. VA created a scheduling contest. OSEHRA is the VA's open source EHR custodial agent. They are running a competition to find an open source solution that meets their needs. HP has invited anyone who wants to participate to work on their team to contribute a solution to the VA. Will have an OS reference implementation for scheduling architecture that could form a good backbone for the scheduling service activity. Can we narrow it down to a type of scheduling problem? Do we create a health specific profile? This is not a healthcare-specific problem. The folks who did the Service Directory have some products and are active in the scheduling domain. They will be the core contributor group.
WG meeting agenda -
Next Week - use hData to springboard into Working Group meeting. Project Scope statements are being vetted for a couple of new projects. Should be ready to submit for approval at May WG meeting.
2013-04-29
Project Scope Statement: Scheduling Service

2013-10-07


2013-10-14
CANCELLED
Call Cancelled (Federal Holiday in US)
2013-10-21
Review of Security WG New Project Proposal

Worksession - FHIR Ballot SOA Section
The FHIR Ballot includes a section on SOA that is in need of revision. This session will review the current language and begin revisions for that content.


2013-10-28
Worksession -- FHIR Starters
Goal is to begin work on defining a blank "Template" for FHIR Design Patterns based on SOA
2013-11-04
STATUS UPDATE
Care Coordination Service:
Cross-Paradigm Project:
Ordering Service:
Pub-Sub Service:
Security Tagging Project:

2013-11-11
Worksession - FHIR Starters
SESSION POSTPONED, to occur on a one-time call on 12 November 2013, 4:00pm EST (UTC-5)
2013-11-18
Worksession - FHIR Starters

2013-11-25
Worksession - HSSP Communications
Goal will be to produce the storyboard for a short vignette on one of the HSSP services.
2013-12-02
STATUS UPDATE
Care Coordination Service:
Cross-Paradigm Project:
Ordering Service:
Pub-Sub Service:
Security Tagging Project:

2013-12-09
Agenda Planning - January WGM

2013-12-16
FHIR Starters - Project Review and Vote

2013-12-23
CALL CANCELLED - HOLIDAY

2013-12-30
CALL CANCELLED - HOLIDAY




Date
Topics for Discussion
Meeting Minutes
2012-SEP-24
Agenda Planning

2012-OCT-1
Project Pages "Grim Reaper" Review

AI: identify current owner of page
AI: update status (active/dormant/complete)
AI: find project insight number and add link to project insight page
AI: include date of last update im all project pages
Table of Projects and Project Leads

2012-OCT-8
CALLS CANCELLED
(U.S. Columbus Day)

2012-OCT-15
Community Overview of HingX -- An Open Source Platform that will be used to manage HSSP artifacts.
The goal is to present the capabilities of the platform and then for HSSP to be an "early adopter". The benefit to our community is that we will have a more robust infrastructure to manage our documents and assets, and we will have enhanced ability to influence the onward design capabilities of the HingX platform.

2012-OCT-22
Topic 1: Administrivia regarding Recirculation Ballots (Identity Cross-Reference Service- IXS),
Cross-Paradigm Ballot Reconciliation Vote)

Topic 2: Develop overview of current work/initiatives
- Mini status updates for all active projects
- Expected outcome for projects by next WGM
- List of projects, including co-sponsored projects

2012-OCT-29
Topic 1: CTS2 Update
Topic 2: Care Coordination Service Update

2012-NOV-5
Topic 1: hData Medication Statement Update
Topic 2: ServD Update

2012-NOV-12
Topic 1: Access Control Service (PASS), Audit Service Updates (PASS), Security/Privacy Ontology Update
Topic 2: Initial Meeting Planning for Jan 2013 WGM in Phoenix, AZ

2012-NOV-19
Topic 1: SOA Ontology Update
Topic 2: Cross-Paradigm Update
19th Nov 2012 Minutes Attendees: Ken Rubin, Loney Northrup, Vincent, Steve Hufnagel, Anil Luthra, Alean Kirnak, Kevin Coonan

Agenda
  • Update, news from other projects, initiatives
    • ArB & TSC
    • Cross-Paradigm project initiative
Meeting Highlights
  1. Alean
    • Bringing other work groups Up to speed
    • Update the HL7 Architecture Program : Cross Paradigm Project
    • Process of bringing Informative to Normative specs
      1. Not to incorporate all the ballot comments
      2. Refer the Governance Framework to “Indentify the Gaps”
      3. Interested and looking for involved participants/stakeholders
      4. Keep log of all the contributors and publishes
      5. Provide the list of all participating organizations

  1. Cross Paradigm Project - Alean
    • Immunization related content structure for universal related different standards
    • MDHT & MDMI are capable of generating the UML – identify how these fit with the Cross-Paradigm project
    • Create a Common Information Model for Immunization domain
    • Demonstrate and translate from one form to another
    • Cascade of C-CDA templates
    • Suggestion for the overall paper based recommendation approach. Methodology, Evidence based
  2. Zoran will continue to be involved in the SOA ontology project.
Action Item
  • None
2012-NOV-26
Topic 1: Agenda planning for Phoenix WGM
Agenda was jointly developed and posted to the wiki. It is available under the 2013 Phoenix WGM
2012-DEC-3
Topic 1:
Topic 2:

2012-DEC-10
Topic 1:
Topic 2:

2012-DEC-17
Finalization of Agenda for JAN 2013 WGM in Phoenix, AZ
- All project must have requested joint meetings with other WGs
- Co-Chairs must contact other WG Co-Chairs and confirm joint meetings

2012-DEC-24
CALLS CANCELLED
(Christmas Eve)

2012-DEC-31
CALLS CANCELLED
(New Year's Eve)

2013-JAN-7
Topic: Finalize Agenda for Phoenix WGM

2013-JAN-14
CALLS CANCELLED
(WGM in Phoenix, AZ)

2013-JAN-28
Topic: Care Coordination Service (CCS)
  • Discussion about CSS,
  • Relationship between CSS and DSS

Archived Content

SEPTEMBER 2012 CYCLE

Date
Topics for Discussion
Meeting Minutes
2012-JUL-9
Topic 1: CTS2 Normative, Implementation Guide, and FTF Report Update
Topic 2: hData FTF Update and Discussion

2012-JUL-16
Topic 1: Cross-Paradigm Implementation Project Update & Discussion
Topic 2: Care Coordination Service Project Update & Discussion

2012-JUL-23
Topic 1: SOA Ontology Project Update & Discussion
Topic 2: Data Sensitivity and Tagging Project Update & Discussion

2012-JUL-30
Topic 1: FULL CALL - Walkthrough of ServD Specification

2012-AUG-6
Topic 1: Medication Statement Project Update/Discussion
Topic 2: Agenda Planning - Baltimore Working Group Meeting

2012-AUG-13
Topic 1: HSSP "Boilerplate" Update Project
Topic 2: Archetype Definition Modeling Profile for UML RFP Walkthrough (CIMI)

2012-AUG-20
Topic 1: Care Coordination Service Project Update & Discussion
Topic 2: SOA Ontology Project Update & Discussion

2012-AUG-27
Topic 1: Data Sensitivity and Tagging Project Update and Discussion
Topic 2: Cloud White Paper - New Project Planning & Scope Statement

2012-SEP-3
CALLS CANCELLED
(Labor Day in US)

2012-SEP-10
HL7 WORKING GROUP MEETING - BALTIMORE
OMG TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MTG - JAX
(no teleconference)



MINUTES OF PAST CALLS

Date
Topics for Discussion
Meeting Minutes
2012-JAN-02

No Meeting - Happy New Year!
2012-JAN-09

1.Vote: Cross Paradigm Interoperability & Implementation Guide for Immunization PSS
2.HL7 Working Group Meeting, San Antonio, TX
3.Strategy for 2012 – 2015
Minutes link:
https:hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2012_01_09_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
2012-JAN-16

(Working Group Meeting)
2012-JAN-30
Initial Review -- Human Services Directory OMG Submission
Dial-in Details:

+1 770-657-9270, Code 071582#
https://www.rooms.hp.com/attend/default.aspx?key=EPWX2HD5Y5

Presentation Materials:

Meeting Highlights:
-- The intial submission is on target to be publicly available by mid-February
-- The DCA submission team is welcoming interested individuals/organizations that wish to contribute
-- The submission is taking into account "services" endpoints that are both people-oriented (e.g., addresses and phone number) and computer-oriented (e.g., secure messaging ports, NwHIN Direct, etc.)
-- This will be reviewed/discussed at the upcoming OMG meeting in Washington in February (see events page)
2012-FEB-06
Updates on:

SOA Ontology Project
Attendees: JD Baker, Zoran Milosovich, Alean Kirnak, Ken R., Lura Daussat, Don Jorgenson, Gerald Beuchelt

Webex Details:

1. Go to https://matchmerge.webex.com/matchmerge/e.php?AT=MI&EventID=170258977&UID=0&PW=NMDJkOWYyZWVl&RT=MiM0
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: 071582
4. Click "Join".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

Notes:

Action: Zoran will set up a poll to have a one-time working call to revise the project scope statement for the SOA Ontology Project. Soft goal to have the project scope statement in a position to review and forward to the Steering Division by 24 February for discussion on 27 February telecon.

Action: Zoran -- Will make contact with PCEHR program for the Cross-Paradigm Project
Action: Ken and JD to Add Cross-Paradigm project to OMG March meeting agenda. Request for half-day of agenda time to discuss cross-paradigm issues. Will seek for shared time between OMG HDTF and OMG ADTF, hosted by HDTF. Ken will get this posted into OMG community. Soft target of Thursday, and Ken & JD will try to assure attendance of topic-relevant personnel.

Action: Alean will create a project plan on the Cross-Paradigm Wiki.
Action: Laura will follow-up with Ken Poole vis-a-vis Standarsd and Interoperability Framework
Action: Gerald and Alean with work with Medication Statement project on a common information model approach
2012-FEB-13
Updates on:
Discuss HSSP/ Service Specification Framework boilerplate vis-a-vis SAIF for ARB discussion
Project Update: CTS2 (Normative Edition, Implementation Guide, and Finalization Task Force)

Discussion: RLUS Normative Next Steps (Ballot Reconciliation)


Notes:
Attendees:

  1. Ken
  2. Gerald Beuchelt
  3. Zoran
  4. Anil Luthra
  5. Russ
  6. Steve Hufnagel
  7. Derrick
  8. Eileen Carneck

Agenda Items:
  1. Touch Point in regards to Arb “Boiler-Plate” SAIF alignment
  2. CTS-2 Update by Russ
  3. RLUS Normative state of work
  4. SOA Ontology discussion and Call

SOA Ontology discussion (Zoran):
-Zoran brings up this discussion point
-SOA ontology presentation call is scheduled for 16th Feb 3:00pm EST
  • Existing PSS for SI Ontology
  • Draft & presentation to the group

CTS-2 Update (from Russ):
For the CTS-2 initiative-
  • HSSP framework being followed
  • Published as OMG standard
  • Draft state used as a Service Functional Model (SFM) in Germany
  • Refer the existing implementation/efforts and create a Normative CTS-2 spec with HL7
  • Deliverable target is to have draft ready by May and more-complete by September (Normative version)
  • Parallel effort for creating the implementation guide is underway by Mayo clinic PIM for CTS-2 and how to represent SNOMED in CTS-2. Generically, to represent SNOMED in any service. Craig Stencil owns this efforts responsibility.

RLUS Normative state of work (Ken)
  • San Antonio Ballot reconciliation status
  • Successfully disposition passed
  • Passed ballot re-conciliation
  • Stefano to provide the action plan for putting the re-conciliation package together

Arb Boiler-Plate SAIF Alignment (Ken)
  • Charlie Mead from Arb approached Ken to inquire on the status of the SOA artifacts “Boiler-plate” alignment with SAIF
  • CRFQ spec done by SOA group few years back
  • State of SOA’s group’s current boiler-plate and how to align it with the SAIF boiler-plate
  • Open point on how to bridge the gap between existing CRFQ doc and SAIF boiler plate artifact approach
  • Ken proposed approach
    • Use FFM – align the language to align with the SAIF then proceed with the conceptual alignment
    • Zoran and Ken to work together to complete the alignment with SAIF with Steve assisting them at regular intervals

Action Items & plans:
  • Russ to start working/exploring on how to organize, clean-up, ensure consistency in SOA WG wiki page
  • Next week call on 20th Feb Cancelled


Agenda for 27th Feb Call:
  • SOA ontology discussion
  • Cloud collaboration white paper (SOA --- HSSP---Cloud Computing) : Berry Box(HP), Sasha (Infoway)and Ken to work on this initiative.

Interconnected Health Conference (earlier known as SOA in Healthcare conference) – All the abstracts are in for presentation.
2012-FEB-20

CALL CANCELLED --- HIMSS Conference
2012-FEB-27th
Updates on:

PSS SOA Ontology
27th Feb SOA
Attendees:
Zoran, Gerry, Ken, Max Walker, Andy, Lura Daussat (OZ systems)
Zoran :
PSS discussed for SOA Ontology
Project change scope will require TSC approval
Keep the 2 years old Project-Scope, however narrow down the project deliverables for this release.
Refine and Narrow the Project-Scope (PS) for this release/phase.

Motion : Proceed with PS as amended {Zoran, Gerry} Passed.

Action Items : Zoran to proceed with the Project Statement.

Implementers:
  1. NEHTA is the first implementer - Zoran to send a note to Infoway for getting a implementation-commitment (Ron, Sasha, Dennis) as a second implementer

Potential Implementer name sorted out : Infoway or Kaiser Permanente

Other Agenda Items :
  1. Brief on HIMSS – SOA adoption active in VA
  2. SOA interconnected Healthcare conference (interconnectedhealth.org). Abstract notification will be send out within the next 24hrs.
2012-MAR-05

Project Update: Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Project
Project Update: Medication Statement Pharmacy Project
2012-MAR-12

Project Update: PASS Security Tags and Labels Project
Project Update: CTS2 (Normative Edition, Implementation Guide, and Finalization Task Force)

2012-Mar-19
Updates on:
RLUS Ballot Reconciliation
19 March 2012 Minutes
Attendees: Ken, Stefano, Zoran Milosovich, Andy Bond, Steve Hufnagel, Max Walker, Sasha, Don Jorgenson, Alean Kirnak, Ken Rubin, Lura Daussat, Gerald Beuchelt

Agenda
  • RLUS Ballot Reconciliation
  • WG charter update

Meeting Highlights
  1. Stefano, walkthrough the Disposition of the RLUS Ballot (Service Functional Specifications Model)
  2. Stefano to send the document and ballots comments to the attendees list so that the attendees can review the ballot comments and present their feedback in the next Monday call. subsequent call.
  3. In the next Monday call either accept all the changes or otherwise raise the issue in the next call.
  4. Zoran provided update from Arb WG –
    1. Glossary from the SAIF CD will be put in protégé tool
    2. SOA ontology
    3. Zoran - Infoway will be able to assist
    4. Sasha – Define some use cases; Provide a template or explain how service orchestration be defined; come up with a list of service candidates e.g. eRefferal Service is quite important
    5. For each service
      1. Define a Structure
      2. Define a Biz need
      3. Define a Place holder
  5. Practical example of the above (in the Canada Infoway) is “Service Discoverability from the perspective of Tele-Medicine”

Action Item
  1. Ken will send the contact information of the person from Sydney Conference
  2. Zoran & Sasha to create a short write up on SOA ontology before 02nd April
2012-MAR-26th
RLUS Normative Ballot Reconciliation
26th March 2012 Minutes
Attendees: Ken Rubin, Gerald Beuchelt, , Alean Kirnak, Zoran Milosovich, Andy Bond, Anil Luthra, Steve Hufnagel
Agenda:
  1. RLUS Normative reconciliation
  2. Walking/review through the disposition
Meeting Highlights
  1. Zoran provided Ontology update - Sasha has pressented a document to Zoran which will be used for further work enhancement on this matter
  2. Comment from all participants due on RLUS by 2nd April, post the issues/concerns through email to the group by 2nd April 2012.
  3. RLUS reconciliation vote will be held on 09th April a
  4. Ken provided the name of the contact, Berry Box, who will be assiting in the Cloud-Computing white paper.
  5. Ken provided the topics to cover for the next few weeks of upcoming call (included the Gerry's sugestion of open Mic for 5 min in the regular calls)

Action Items
  1. Ken and Andy Bond to review the RLUS doc by 2nd April
  2. Gerry and Anil will also browse and review the doc
  3. Ken to setup a Ontology call on regular basis and put the meeting coordinates on wiki
  4. Ken/Gerry : Provide/present a brief information "CDS on SOA definition and in reference to Kevin Coonan's ongoing work.
  5. All - solicit and socialise the about the participation in the next weel's "SOA in Healthcare conference"
2012 Apr 09th
Cross Paradigm Project & RLUS Ballot Reconciliation
09th April 2012 Minutes
Attendees: Ken Rubin, Gerald Beuchelt, , Alean Kirnak, Zoran Milosovich, Andy Bond, Anil Luthra, Steve Hufnagel,
Michael Flynn, Kevin Peterson, Lura Paussat, Don Jorgenson,

Agenda:
  1. Cross-Paradigm project presentation
  2. RLUS Ballot reconcilition

Meeting Minutes:
  1. Alean presented an overview of the outline of the Cross-Paradigm project. It is derived heavily upon a layered service architecture and the HSSP Practical Guide part II. Goal is to maximize the reuse from other artifacts. Pulling together case studies. Goal is for one case study based in the US, the other outside it.
  2. RLUS Service Functional Module Normative Ballot v1.0
  3. Motion : To accept the RLUS Ballot Reconciliation document as confined by Friendly Amendment on definition of Conformance & Compliance by SAIF CD.
  4. Interconnected Healthcare conference – relatively light participation, all the session presentations will be publically available for a specified period.
Aciton Item
  1. Andy Bond will include and specify the definition of conformance & compliance in RLUS doc
2012 Apr 16th
SOA Ontology
16th April 2012 MinutesAttendees: Ken Rubin, Sasha, Gerald Beuchelt, Zoran Milosovich, Anil Luthra, Don Jorgenson
Agenda:
  1. SOA Ontology
  2. Walking/review through the disposition

Meeting Highlights
  1. Zoran/Sasha presented HL7 SOA Ontology
    • Focus on Taxonomy and how it can be used to develop Ontology.
    • Intersevices category type
    • Provided/Explained service-Taxonomy (subsequently Ontology)
  2. Ken reiterated that the intent is on “What we are trying to Achieve” (rather than on how we are trying to achieve)
  3. Socialize the involvement of business community i.e. KP team.
  4. SOA WG contributor’s are welcome to participate/involve in creating the practical-guide (HL7 Healthcare Service Ontology document) in SOA ontology call.
  5. FHIR Pharmacy PSS research project is starting and will engage M&M work-group.
  6. No update from CTS-2
  7. Next call on 23rd April will primarily focus on “Update on Service Directory”

Action Items
  1. Sasha - To send a copy of this doc to Ken (potentially distribute “Half-Baked” version of the doc.
  2. Sasha/Zoran - Encourage the usage of wiki to put the HL7 SOA Ontology doc/info on HSSP wiki
2012 Apr 23rd
Service Directory Update
23th April 2012 Minutes Attendees: Ken Rubin, Gerald Beuchelt, Zoran Milosovich, Steve Hufnagel,Peter Young, Brian, Steve Hufnagel, Steve Toal, Anil Luthra
Agenda:

  • Update on Service Directory

Meeting Highlights
  1. Peter Young presentation on Service Directory (SrvD), which is an update from the OMG (Mar 2012) presentation.
    • Explained the concept of ELS
    • Differences between Provider-Directory and SrvD
    • Copy has been put in HSSP wiki
    • Ken recommended on creating an IG for SrvD for the purpose of Informative artifact.
  2. Next week call agenda
    1. Immunization Prototype
    2. Medication Statement update

Action Item:
To bring ELS as RFP, through OMG (?)
2012 Apr 30th
Medication statement (Pharmacy) & Service Functional model update
30 April 2012 Minutes Attendees: Ken Rubin, Gerald Beuchelt, Zoran Milosovich, Steve Hufnagel, Andy Bond, Ginna Yost, Anil Luthra

Agenda
  • Medication Statement project update
  • Discuss Vancouver WGM Agenda
  • System Functional model update (Steve Hufnagel)
Meeting Highlights
  1. Gerry presentation on Medication statement project, which is an update from the OMG (Mar 2012) presentation.
    • Ongoing project, referring draft statement from March
    • Query solution in project scope – doc sent to Pharmacy and SOA WG
    • RMIM of Medication service statement (Query Message)
    • Refer section 7.2 of OMG hData RLUS binding
  2. Steve presented the “Service Functional Reference Model”
    • It’s a Functional & Informational model
    • Immunization management prototype
    • It’s an informative set of HER model for information and functional model
  3. Next week call on 07th May 2012 is cancelled
Action Item:
  • To all participant send a note to Ken for Vancouver WGM specifics.
  • Anil to send a sample Control Act RMIM example from Infoway
2012 June 25th
PSS and Cross Paradigm Project
25th June 2012 Minutes Attendees: Ken Rubin, Gerald Beuchelt, Enrique Menses, John Former, Don Jorgenson, Vincent, Anil Luthra, Alean Kirnak
Agenda
  • Project Scope Statement (Chris, Enrique, John)
  • Cross Paradigm Project (Alean)
  • OMG Update
  • Core Coordination

Meeting Highlights
  1. Gerry Enrique
    • Circulate the Project scope document
    • Work for the Agenda with the Patient care WG for Patient care Service – Goal is to develop Implementation Guide of Management and Patient Healthcare System
    • Ken suggested, going forward, to use project wiki instead of Google docs
    • RMIM of
  2. Notice of intent of Ballot : Motion to reconfirm committee intent to ballot Cross-Paradigm project for September cycle.
    • Moved by Gerry
    • Second by Alean
    • Passed unanimously (Notice of Intent Ballot)
  3. Ken provided the OMG update
    • Stub out the Structural significance
    • Clinical Information Modeling Initiative i.e. CIMI (presented by Stan Huff at OMG). RFI for multiple standards group.
    • Clinical model – AML (Archetype Modeling Language) profile to UML will be created by Robert Lario (thanks and Kudos for Kudos efforts)
    • Human Services Directory – Option vote in OMG/TC meeting
    • ELS is not a HL7 or OMG Standard. It’s up for RFC vote
    • CTS-2 - has issued finalization of task force. Revision undergoing by task force as spec is in line to be published
    • hData (by Gerry) - Final data report. Plan and Bucket the issues, Submit the resolution in Sept meeting
    • SOA & Semantics session – Information day on Healthcare
    • Next Meeting – Vote to Adopt “Service Directory”

Action Item:
1. Finalize on “Service Directory” for the Sunday meeting in Baltimore HL7 WGM (International Council day)
2. Enrique - Move the from existing “Google Docs” to project wiki (Ken with assist Enrique)
2012 July 09
SFM published
CTS-2
09th July 2012 Minutes Attendees: Andy, Ken Rubin, Creg Strand, Harold Solbrig, Anna, Vincent, Anil Luthra, Alean Kirnak
Agenda
  • Normative SFM published by the SOA group
  • CTS-2 Normative release
Meeting Highlights
  1. SFM bridging(misalignment) with CTS-2
    • SFM operations matching (aligned) with OMG
    • Conformance with PIM
    • Addressing concerns
    • Refer project milestones on PSS (CTS2 released project) and bridge with DSTU
    • Reconciliation between PIM and SFM service
  2. Implementation Guide for CTS-2 (Creg will provide the update)
  3. Cross Paradigm Project - Alean Presentation -
    • CDC to Immunization to CDA to HL7v2 Field Segment mapping
    • Cascade of C-CDA templates
    • Suggestion for the overall paper based recommendation approach. Methodology, Evidence based
  4. hData (Ken presented)
    • Finalization task force on RESTful binding for RLUS
    • Spec open for public omments
      1. Issues being accepted
      2. GOAL for Sept OMG meeting
      3. Game plan Validated with Andrew Watson
      4. No significant risk for Sept release
Action Item:
  • Firstly Review the action-items from the previous meetings
  • To add the link in HSSP wiki with links to CTS-2 Normative spec
  • Alignment with SFM traceability Matrix
  • SOA WG joint Vocabulary meeting in Baltimore to be scheduled/planned
2013 Feb 04
Administrative Task/Updates

Plan for Discussion Topics for various projects
04th Feb 2013 Minutes
Attendees: Ken Rubin, Zoran, Enrique Meneses, Anil Luthra, Gina Yost, Ken
Agenda
  • Administrative work after Jan 2013 WGM
  • Dates & “Topics of Discussion” for the upcoming months
Meeting Highlights
  1. Allocate 20 min per month to Enrique for the Ballot Reconciliation
    • 25th Feb allocated for Enrique presentation
    • Slot out for the Project Review cycle
    • Ballot comment review by 11th March
    • Final content Ballot by 17th March
  2. Zoran will present a 40min session on SOA ontology
  3. Ballot reconciliation for Identification service set up for 11th Feb
  4. Ken raised a point on updating the “Boiler plate Documentation”
    • Update of “Practical Guide SOA in Healthcare ver 1.0
    • SOA & PHIR ; relationship discussion & coorelation to cross –paradigm projec
  5. VA scheduling a Services contest
    • HSSP Scheduling service will be submitted
    • Ken will put the project scope statement for review to this SOA WG
  6. Ken, have started to update the wiki SOA wiki page
    • Zoran & Enrique to work and update the format of the home page (landing page) with a goal to differentiate the users from the WG members versus the consumers of the page.
    • Project Catalog (in progress project)
    • Service Catalog (completed project & ready to use for the consumers)
    • From the landing page easily able to find the “Latest & Greatest” specification
    • Identify the right level of details
  7. Hingx Update
    • Migrate all the documents to the new Document repository system (Hingx)
Action Item:
  • Zoron and Enrique to work on the Template for the new landing page in wiki by 18th Feb
Zoran will inquire from the ArB – about the SOA WG mission & charter statement.


2013 Feb 25th
Care Coordination Service presetation
25th Feb 2013 Minutes
Attendees: Ken Rubin, Zoran, Enrique Meneses, Trsih, Anil Luthra, Gina Yost, Vincent Don Jorgesand, Andy Bond, Pawan Goyal

Agenda
  • Enrique Presentation on Care Coordination Services
  • Security Review not in scope
Meeting Highlights
  1. Discussion on service interface, service capabilites, service interface and functional profile : on the UML diagram in EA (Enrique presentation).
  2. Ken – explained on Capabilities as Business functions and Behaviour
  3. Analysis phase in SOA Adoption
  4. Service Functional profile of SOA services
  5. Business capabilities and business profile – intent of the HL7 service spec (conceptual level).
  6. Next SOA WG meeting on 04th March cancelled because of HIMSS
  7. Next call on 11th March

Action Item:
  • Enrique to finalise the spec for Care Coordination by 25th March and rework on the UML diagram for alignment
2013 Apr 01st
HSSP & OHT Tool kit Initiative Project
Attendees : Ken Rubin HSSP, Anil Luthra, Barry Hieb GPI, Ben Mehling Mirth, Boris Kapitanski – ITG Health, Bruce Amato – Open Health Tools, Cecil Accenture, Chris Nimmer, Claude Nanjo, Dave Russell McKesson, David Shields, Don Jorgenson Inpriva, Doug Martin Regenstrief, Enrique Meneses, Evan Dudley, Gail Hamilton MITRE, Galen Mulrooney – JP
Systems, Gila Pyke, Ginna Yost – Open Health
Tools, Jeff Plourde, John Quinn – HL7, Keith Salzman CACI, Nate Deniro – Open EMR, Nick, Paul Whitmer, Salvador Rodriguez, Zoran
Agenda:
  • Ken’s Presentation on HSSP (HL7) & OMG process
  • Boris Kapitanski (Project Sponsor) OHT Toolkit Initiative Based on HSSP Services Information on Establishing the eHealth Infrastructure

Meeting Highlights:
  1. Introduction
    1. HSSP
    2. OHT
    3. Ken’s apologies for not sending a note to European participants for the WG call (as today is an official EU holiday)
  2. Ken introduction on HSSP for the level playing field
    1. HL7 & OMG
    2. Three work Products
      1. Service Functional Model - represents what would be the Healthcare Service be like in Business Terms (and not in Technical terms e.g. Demographic Service_
      2. HL7 draft standard (Functional Specification) typically takes about 2yrs
      3. OMG – RDF (Technical Specification) takes about 18 months, which are free to download and work on
  3. Copy of presentation will be sent to those who are unable to join the Web-Ex session in real time (owing to the limitation on number of attendees in Webex). Please contact Ken for requesting the presentation copy
  4. Representative (Boris) from OHT explained about the OHT initiative i.e.
    1. Create and Establish eHealth Infrastructure
    2. eHealth Enablement
    3. OHT Toolkit based on HSSP Services
  5. Borris (OHT Presenter)
    1. Looking for early adapters
    2. Ensured that early-adapters will get undivided attention from OHT
    3. Identify the Group/teams for the following
      1. Use cases to contribute
      2. Components to contribute for this kind of initiative
      3. Other HSSP projects/components which can be made available to ESB(open source)
  6. Keith available to ESB work (open source)
  7. Brian (Australia)
    1. Mentions about Service Directory (ServD submission for RFP)
    2. Implementation of an actual Directory
    3. Soon version to be freely available and used
  8. Dave (University of UTAH)
    1. Open CDS usage, based on DSS Standards (HL7 standard on VMR)
    2. Submitted for ballot )Order Set, Event Conditions rule, DROOLS rule engine, Web Service (SOAP & REST support)
    3. Ken Kawamoto’s - Knowledge Management System
  9. CTS-2 (Mayo Clinic spec)
    1. Open source toolkit made available
    2. An organization from France is developing a Front-End to CTS-2
  10. Dave Russell – mentions to keep in mind the “Vendor’s Perspective” for the OHT Tool kit creation
  11. Mick (MI state HIE implementer)
    1. Need to Offer service from SOA cloud space
    2. How address issues/challenges with SOA cloud approach
  12. Open EMR – Usage in Ambulatory Care environment (widely used)
  13. Cecil – offer supports from Accenture for SOA approach
  14. Patient Consent – point raised on integrating it with OHT tool kit (or components) and how to lower the barrier in using this tool kit (enable Health IT)
  15. Open EHR (Nate) : NIFTEC (Trust & Identity Standard and Health care security Group integration)
  16. Boris (Project Sponsor) - Charter of OHT
    1. Openhealthtools.org (approved in the last board of Directors meeting)
    2. Create open source health services – minimal 2/3 service and integrate with multiple different open source projects.

Action Item:
  1. Identify the use cases on how to proceed to get the code out by Sept 2013
  2. Borris
    1. Follow up the suggestions & Use Case (send by various participants)
    2. Describe what needs to be complete
      1. Set of Functions
      2. Set of SOA Services to be part of Solution
      3. Send to Ken the list by a dead line date
      4. Based on Priorities the moving forward decision will be made
  3. All (interested participants and stake holders)
    1. By 10th April – send a suggestion to Ken (Use cases, Exemplary Ideas) to gather your ideas
    2. 12th April review the suggestion and also include the European representatives
    3. Candidate 3 Use-cases ready in the following week
  4. Ken - Make Slide deck available (and send copies who request for presentation)
  5. Meeting on 12th – review and follow up submissions
  6. All Submissions due (from others) by 10th April
  7. Gina – Set up project list (persons to be involved and engaged on day to day basis)


Attendees :

Agenda:


Meeting Highlights:


Action Item:





06/06/2011
Agenda Planning
hDATA Update
http://hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_6_6_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc/235920362/2011_6_6_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
06/13/2011
Vote on Intent to Ballot: hDATA Record Format Specification
Worksession -- SOA Whitepaper on IHE and RLUS
Webroom (Internet Explorer needed):

Meeting ID: 188298
Meeting Password: 12345678


TO ATTEND THE MeetingPlace Web Collaboration CONFERENCE:

1. Go to: http://audioconference.mitre.org
2. Enter 188298 into the empty field and click Attend Meeting.
- Accept any security warnings you receive and wait for the Meeting Room to initialize.
3. If MeetingPlace Collaboration Window does not automatically open, press connect.

Minutes:
http://hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_6_13_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
6/20/2011
Interdependent Registries Update
Worksession -- SOA/IHE Whitepaper (continued)
http://hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_6_20_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc

06/27/2011
OMG Meeting Update
-- hDATA RESTful Specification Status
-- CTS2
Worksession: Patient Care Project -- EHR SOA Service
http://hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_6_27_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
07/04/2011
------- CANCELLED for US Holiday --------

07/11/2011
PASS Project Update
RLUS Normative Ballot Update
IHE/SOA White Paper Discussion
http://hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_7_11_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
07/18/2011
Conduct Peer Review of hDATA Record Format Ballot Submission
http://hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_7_18_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
07/25/2011
Review MnM SAIF Artifact Definition Work (as related to SOA)
http://hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_7_25_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
08/01/2011
Worksession -- Review & Revise Service Functional Model Template/ Process
Webmeeting link:
https://www.rooms.hp.com/attend/default.aspx?key=EP9DZLST5U
08/08/2011
Worksession -- Review & Revise Service Functional Model Template/ Process (Continued)
Webmeeting link:
https://www.rooms.hp.com/attend/default.aspx?key=EP9DZLST5U


Minutes link:

http://hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_8_8_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
08/15/2011
PASS Project Update and
Walkthru of hDATA RESTful Specification RFC
https://www.rooms.hp.com/attend/default.aspx?key=EPL2GVM7KM

Minutes link:
http://hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_8_15_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
08/22/2011
Review of Sept. WGM Agenda
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/511401153

Minutes link:
08/29/2011

Minutes link:

https:hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_8_29_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
9/5/2011


9/12/2011
NO CALL -- HL7 WGM (San Diego)

9/26/2011
OMG hData & SOA in Healthcare Update
Minutes link:

https:hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_9_26_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
10/3/2011
Worksession: Pharmacy Data Retrieval Content Profile for RLUS/hDATA
Discussed in the San Diego working meeting was a new project to create a pharmacy data retrieval profile. This activity will be jointly taken on in collaboration between the Pharmacy WG and SOA. This session will discuss the current status of the project scope statement, with the hope of revising/refining it to bring to the Steering Division for approval.

Minutes link:
hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_10_3_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
10/17/2011

Minutes link:
hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_10_17_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
10/24/2011
PEER REVIEW: RLUS Normative Ballot Content

PEER REVIEW: hData HRF DSTU Content
Minutes link:
hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_10_24_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
10/31/2011
PEER REVIEW: Interdependent Registries DSTU Ballot Content
Formal peer review was not held as the document had not yet completed. Alex DeLeon (KP) gave an update on status of interdependent registries activity. Notice of intent to ballot is in, and expectation is that the document will promote to a DSTU ballot next cycle.

Some discussion on the Medication Data Retrieval project occurring jointly with Pharmacy WG. Agreement has been reached on project scope. SOA will be sponsoring the project with Pharmacy WG as a co-sponsor. Scope statement is being finalized. Will be distributed on the SOA list this week for formal vote on November 7 call.

PHER presented a draft project scope statement to bring together a set of existing artifacts, including but not limited to the Service Functional Models, Technical SPecifications, IHE SOA White-Paper, SAIF, (and potentially hDATA) to create an Immunization Implementation guide. A worksession on this activity will occur in the next few weeks and then be brought to the bigger group for ratification.
11/7/2011
Review and Vote: Medication Profile for REST Project Scope Statement
Attendees: Gerald Beuchelt, Nick Dikan, Ken Rubin, Steve Hufnagel, Maria Uriyo, Alean Kirnak, Galen Mulrooney
hDATA ballot reconciliation package had been sent to the list. Floor was opened to discussion

Minutes Link: hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_11_7_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
11/14/2011
PSS for SAIf & Immunizations
Meeting ID: 411096
Meeting Password: 12345678


TO ATTEND THE MeetingPlace Web Collaboration CONFERENCE:

1. Go to: http://audioconference.mitre.org
2. Enter 411096 into the empty field and click Attend Meeting.
- Accept any security warnings you receive and wait for the Meeting Room to initialize.
3. If MeetingPlace Collaboration Window does not automatically open, press connect.

Minutes Link: hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_11_14_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc
11/21/2011
Walkthru/discussion of SAIF Canoncial Definition document
The ARB has published for ballot the SAIF Canonical Definition. This call will be used as a community walkthru to understand the document and for shared discussion to help us make informed ballot decisions.
11/28/2011
hData Record Format 1.0 *FINAL* Reconciliation
Final reconciliation of outstanding hData ballot comments.

Ken Rubin
Don Jorgenson
Gerald Beuchelt
Alean Kirnak

Motion: Line Item 18 non-persuasive (Rubin)
Second: Jorgenson
Passes 3-0-0

The above was the last open item for ballot reconciliation:

Motion to Close Reconciliation: Jorgenson; Second Kirnak.
Passed Unanimously

=


SAIF Architecture Program Update: AK briefed on the joint discussion with the SAIF Architecture Program. S&I Framework called for user stories/use cases. Collection of use cases are being compiled now. Gap analysis with available standards will be considered in April/May.

SAIF implementation guide is being worked on but has been abstract. To be done in tandem with the Immunization example, there are some mutual synergies. San Antonio joint session is planned. New Title "Cross Paradigm Interoperability Implementation Guide for Immunizations"

==

Pharmacy WG: Approved the project scope statement for the Medication Statement Service. Planning to have a recurring weekly meeting (Date/Time to be announced). Goal is to have draft ballot candidate material ready for January. Next step is to elevate the project scope statement to the Steering Division for approval. Mitre has committed to being an implementer.
5-DEC-2011

1. Agenda Planning for San Antonio WGM
2.“Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementation Guide for Immunizations” (CIPIIGI) Discussion
19-DEC-2011

1. Vote: hData DSTU Publication Request
2. HL7 Working Group Meeting, January 2012, San Antonio, TX

Minutes link:
https:hssp.wikispaces.com/file/view/2011_12_19_HSSP_Call_Minutes.doc

Date
Topics for Discussion
Meeting Minutes
3/21/2011
Human Services Directory and Interdependent Registries

3/14/2011
Decision Support Service and Practical Guide

3/7/2011
RLUS and Community Services Directory RFP

2/28/2011
Project Update for PASS [RLUS deferred until next week] and HIMSS Update

2/14/2011
Project Updates for CTS2 and Interdependent Registries

12/13/2010
Project Updates for RLUS and EHR-S CI-IM

12/06/2010
Project Update for SOA Ontology; Agenda Planning for Sydney

11/29/2010
Project Updates for EIS and PASS, Voting on Interdependent Registry Project Scope Statement

11/15/2010
Project Updates for Practical Guide 2/3 and CTS2

11/8/2010
Project Updates for SOA Services Ontology and EHR System Computationally-Independent Information Model

11/1/2010
Project Updates for RLUS and PASS

10/25/2010
Project Updates for EIS and Human Services Directory

10/18/2010
Project Updates for CTS2 and Decisions Support Services






You'll need Skype Credit
Free via Skype
|| 2015-08-24 || Update on FHIR Ballot / Services Chapter

Agenda planning for Atlanta || Webmeeting || Preliminary agenda planning for HL7 Working Group Meeting, October 2015, Atlanta ||
2015-08-10
Update on Cloud Blueprint Project; Joint working session
Webmeeting
Discussed current status of the Cloud Blueprint. Beginning to settle on scope and project scope statement to be launched at the October meeting. Going forward need to identify target, survey other relevant activities, review HL7 offerings as it might relate to Cloud environment.

Action: Decide best way to bring to Security
2015-07-27
PASS Access Control - Status

Ordering Service RFP- Status
Webmeeting
Discussed placement of the functional model diagrams with respect to the requirements table. Reviewed HSSP Service Specification Development Framework and SFM Boilerplate documents to ensure placement conforms with standard FM development practices.

Briefly discussed how obligations will be added to the PASS ACS use case diagram. Don will look to see if he has copies of the original UML diagrams used in the original PASS ACS document.
2015-07-13
Submitter Discussion - Coordination of Care Service

Community Update on Archetype Modeling Language (AML) Submission

Update on FHIR-based Clinical Decision Support

Update on FHIR-based Clinical Decision Support - Bryn Rhodes
  • Latest effort: FHIR Implementation Guide

Clinical Information Modeling Initiative
  • Reach harmonization on information models
  • Allow use of mainstream modeling tools
  • Passed, not public as of yet
    • Comments will be accepted next year

Coordination of Care
  • Standards - OMG has issued RFD
  • Interested parties are starting to self organize
    • 1 joint submission
  • Enough critical mass to have solid submission
    • Initial submission is due ~ September/December

PASS ACM
  • Project scope statement passed all workgroups and steering division
  • Ongoing meetings on Wednesdays

Attending: Brown, Proud-Madruga, Jorgenson, Rubin, Rhodes
2015-06-29
SOA Cloud Blueprint Outline Review
FHIR Ballot Revision Review

Review of
PASS Access Control Services Conceptual Model project scope statement.

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/889362781
Update and review of PASS ACCM project scope statement - Don Jorgenson
  • Motion to accept PASS ACCM project scope definition: Diana Proud-Madruga (Proxy)
  • One abstention: Chris Brown
  • No opposition
  • Action: Don to forward to Steering Committee

SOA Cloud Blueprint Outline Review - Ken and Stefano
  • Put together informative document
  • In process of drafting scope statement around HL7 and Cloud
  • HL7 Cloud Implementation Blueprint
    • For comment ballot - Jan 2016
    • For informative ballot- May 2016
  • Immediate next steps:
    • Form dedicated call
    • Hammer out scope and objectives
    • Go into September meeting with robust outline and key points

Attending: Rubin, Jorgenson, Lotti, Chris Brown
2015-06-15
PASS Access Control Ballot
Status of Ordering Service RFP

Bryn Rhodes - FHIR-Based Clinical Decision Support
  • Service specification and related IG
  • Comment ballot of proposed FHIR Resources and Profiles: September 2015
    • May push for DSTU in September
  • Ballot meeting schedule (NID) - July 19th
  • Content deadline ~ August 28th
  • Follow up call with Bryn - July 13th

PASS Access Control
  • Diana met with Don Friday, June 12th
    • Looking at wanting to bring PASS model to ballot in September cycle
      • Need to update project scope statement and take it to TSC
      • Don plans to reach out to Pat Pyette
    • Ongoing Friday call, 5pm Eastern for working on this project
    • In the process of setting up a working site on HL7 wiki and link back to HSSP site
    • Majority of the work is focused on looking at adding content on obligations and trust framework

Ordering Service Update
  • Passed ballots on HL7 side
  • Next OMG meeting - September
  • Ordering Service development will happen between now and August
  • Expect regular calls around Ordering Service. Begin with a couple calls per week that will cool as things mature
  • Discussion happening in Berlin
  • Things appear to be in order for September

Coordination of Care RFP
  • RFP issued at last meeting
  • Currently 4 companies working together as joint submission
  • Current state of affairs:
    • Joint Submission in forming stage, shifted this week to weekly calls

Attending: Rubin, Proud-Medruga, Lotti, Rhodes
2015-06-01
Paris Summit Review
Discussion of Future Plans

Paris Summit
  • SOA Forum: Good participation in terms of interest
  • Interest in repeating case study event
  • FHIR Discussion:
    • There was an issue because FHIR people don't fully grasp the architectural issue
    • After the discussion FHIR participants were able to understand that SOA can be an aspect of FHIR
  • Strategic Planning Discussion:
    • Future plans were not made because they felt it was necessary to clarify that FHIR can be a SOA implementation
Future Plans/Priorities
    • Discussed game plan for the next calendar year
      • Set normative path back to control ballot, investing and working in some FHIR
      • Access Control Model Platform - FHIR implementation
      • HL7 workgroup, CBCC workgroup
      • Plan to better integrate SOA services w/ FHIR
      • Complete normative standard for September ballot
      • Service Architecture - reference implementation creating ecosystem around some of these topics
      • Put out white paper for FHIR, SOA and the Cloud
      • Figure out other activities happening in other workgroups
        • Show role of SOA in deployment architecture
        • Orchestration, role of services and Cloud
      • How can we make the ballot reconciliation work for FHIR
Agenda Attention
  • Call will take place every other week, hour long
  • Publish agenda ahead of time
  • Specific calls can take place when needed
  • Weekly calls for activities

Attending: Rubin, Lotti, Proud-Medruga, Jorgenson
2015-04-27
Paris Agenda Planning

Revised preliminary Paris agenda

Attending: Proud-Madruga, Jorgenson, Rubin, Lotti
2015-04-20
Paris Agenda Planning
Ordering Service Preparation

Decision was made to plan for issuance of the Ordering service RFP for september instead of June. As a result we will take preplanning offline involving a core group and use the general call for review and comment.

Preliminary Paris agenda was pulled together. A number of actions remain:

=


TOPICS TO BE SLOTTED INTO AGENDA:

    • Worksession on FHIR DSTU COMMENTS
    • Worksession/Discussion on Cross-Paradigm
    • OMG Collaboration Update -- Care Coordination Service and/or Ordering Service
    • Outreach to community to determine community priorities and emerging work areas

ACTIONS:

    • Review commitments related to joint meetings (Vince)
    • Elicit speakers for the mini-summit (Stefano, Ken)
    • Coordinate development of one-pager status updates (Don)
    • Convene core group related to Ordering Service RFP Prep (Ken, Lorraine)
2015-03-30
Review and Vote: FHIR DSTU SOA Ballot Content

Attending: Rubin, Lotti, Proud, Jorgenson, Lord

Motion to accept FHIR DSTU SOA Ballot: Ken Lord
Seconded: Don Jorgenson
No opposition
Passed unanimously
2015-03-23
FHIR DSTU SOA Ballot Content

Attending: Rubin, Lord, Vince

Discussed FHIR DSTU Ballot Content

Addressed Don's alternative to document and Stefano's comments

Vince agreed to review Don's document and make any necessary recommendations

Possibility of Case Study Day
2015-03-16
Peer Review: FHIR DSTU SOA Ballot Content


2015-03-09
1) Status Update on FHIR Ballot Revisions

2) Paris WGM Planning & Possibility of SOA Implementation Case Study Summit


2015-03-02
FHIR DSTU Ballot -- Revisions (continued)


2015-02-23
FHIR DSTU Ballot: SOA Chapter Content Development
(Continued)



Attending: Rubin, Lotti, Lord
2015-02-02
FHIR DSTU Ballot: SOA Chapter Content Development


2015-02-09
Worksesssion on FHIR DSTU Ballot Content

Join our websession:

To Attend:
https://www.rooms.hp.com/attend/default.aspx?key=EPTLM4GMYX

To Present:
https://www.rooms.hp.com/attend/default.aspx?key=EHEFJEJAVR
|| || || || ||